Welcome to the Blog for Busy Moms!
This blog is the home of THE MAMALUTION! Calling all moms, grandmoms, sisters & aunts to tap into their instinctual & intuitive wisdom to save the day! It is time for our collective voice to be heard.

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Being a BUSY Mom

Some weeks are more busy than others. Sometimes unpredicatable things come up that need to be handled along with everything else that needs to be done or there are several major deadlines all culminating at once. It's been one of those weeks for me!

It is times like these when I have to step back and reflect on what I am doing to make sure that I am staying true to my path. Sometimes the panic, frustration, anxiety and stress can take over and cause turmoil. During these moments I may make a compromise - like skipping my morning yoga session for writing that has to get done...sometimes those deals extend for weeks. I may choose a massage or acupuncture over my yoga routine.




The trick is knowing when I get off center and pulling myself back. It is about being able to be in the moment even when we are not doing our most desired thing. It's knowing the rhythm of our own flow so that we don't do too much or do too little. It's about taking the moments to nurse our children, sit in a yoga pose without multi-tasking or be silent and just connect with our breath. It is about appreciating Mother Nature.

With practice, we naturally begin to gravitate towards this middle point. We begin minimizing the distractions in our lives so that we maximize our potential and not waste an ounce of energy. No more energy draining relationships, pointless conversations or visions that go nowhere. We begin to prioritize our lives, set boundaries and live our dreams - right here, right now.

No comments: